So as I mentioned in an earlier post, last weekend we went to Jamie Oliver and Alex James's Big Feastival on Alex James's cheese farm on the edge of the Cotswolds.. In fact this time last week we were probably sat outside our caravan, in the sun eating our breakfast. I didn't know what to expect as we haven't been to a festival with our children before. We had the most amazing weekend!!
The festival is full of independent food stalls ( a majority of them handing out samples), unique customised vehicles selling street food and drinks, cookery demonstrations, stages where musicians played great music and lots more. There were some great stalls to buy from too, including Jools Oliver's Little Bird, Joules, a vintage clothes stall and a few selling gorgeous handmade products. For children there was a farm area where they could pet animals, art and craft activities, bread making, knitting, seed planting and of course the traditional fun fair. Most kids seemed happy just jumping around on the hay bails and throwing hay at each other.Also Mr Tumble performed on stage , I was stunned at what a crowd that man can draw!
The whole festival had an amazing atmosphere, and we felt safe and comfortable the whole time. I am a paranoid Mum when it comes to our girls, but even I felt relaxed, it really did feel like a massive fun party. There were lots of highlights for us, here are a few of them:
- Dancing in The Cheese Hub to Alex James playing some indie classics. (not quite sure our kids got it, but we certainly appreciated it)
- Eating Churros with chocolate dip late at night.
- Our girls were super happy with their inflatable pink flamingos!
- Watching Jamie Oliver cook...he seems such a lovely guy.
- Witnessing our girls raving to Example ( this was hilarious, and a little worrying what the future held for us as parents??)
As a family we came home feeling so happy and a little sad that it was over. We will definitely go next year and would certainly visit the Cotswolds again, what a beautiful location!.