Tuesday 26 September 2017

Hello Again

I never realised people were still looking at my blog!! So sorry you guys, I've just looked at the stats and its seems you are still all out there. So I better tell you whats been happening here in Caught in Dreamland Studios. I have spent the last year trying working with a couple of different design agents to see what works best for me. I have been lucky and had a couple of sales even one with Hallmark, which was amazing, but I found I was struggling to keep up an endless supply of designs, while trying to bring up my two girls and all the joys at that come with that. I started to fall out of love with design so took a step back and have begun to use my work in other areas. I really enjoy being my own boss and want to make a success of it, but don't want it to take over and spill into my family time. That's the down fall of working from home you can never shut off from it and my work does tend to creep out of my studio at times and I end up finishing off something while testing the kids on their spellings, or package up an order while I am cooking tea.

Anyway after some careful thought I have moved , only slightly into a bit of jewellery making, I'll post some pictures below. In the summer I started by creating a small range of summery floral jewellery. This was very popular , especially the earrings, its all available from my Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CaughtinDreamland?ref=seller-platform-mcnav  .

My greetings cards are still selling well , and customers are particularly loving my lunch box cards and temporary tattoos.I love having an Etsy shop, it means your work is out there all the time, and you don't have to rely on others selling your work for you.It's such a thrill to make something from initial drawings to a final handmade item and then have someone actual buy it!!Go and take a look at my shop.I will post pics of my new collection later in the week....








No comments:

Post a Comment