Monday 5 August 2013

Summer Wardrobe ..finally complete ...



My last Summer creation!! So this week I made another little sundress for my little one. I found this great pattern on www.craftinessisnotoptional.com . Its pretty amazing what the lovely lady on there does. She creates her own patterns using a child's basic T.shirt as a template.  Now I did pattern cutting way back , but even without that I think it would be not too difficult for a novice to follow.  I used this beautiful fabric from Fabric Rehab by Carolyn Gavin. Its the perfect sundress!. I get so many lovely comments about my girls dresses I'm thinking about making them to sell. So my next project is going to be some lovely Autumnal dresses and tunic style tops, perfect for wearing with cosy tights and leggings. 

I was a little disappointed last week as I didn't make it through to the next round of the  Lilla Rogers Global Talent Search. Saying that it gave me chance to work to a professional brief  and also has made me realise I need my designs to be a little bit more special to stand out from the crowd. So that's what I'm working towards on my next collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment